Friday, October 2, 2020

I found mistakes in 1994 packaging

Whoever designed and edited the 1994 Barbie playline clothing packaging needed to go over the backs of the packages one more time.  I've found three series of outfits with mistakes on them.

Dream Vacation #10754 Goin' to Hawaii.  The light blue shoes pictured are clogs.  I bought this item new, and know that the shoes are basic Barbie open-toe China heels.  I realize that the photo is probably of prototypes, but the inset showing the accessories probably could have been moved to the other side, blocking the clogs instead.

Floating Cool #11290 Raft Really Floats and #11291 Inner Tube Really Floats.  The pool toys are switched.  The clear pink raft belongs under the doll in the yellow and pink swimsuit and the blue tube is what the doll in the cross-shoulder swimsuit should be sitting on.  I know this because I bought Raft Really Floats new.

Great Weekend text under the logo.  "Weekend's" with an apostrophe "s"?  Really?  Oh, it makes me insane when people create plurals with an apostrophe "s".

AARRGGHH!!

The pool toys under the two dolls
in the water need to be switched.

The clogs that the Barbie on the right
is wearing would have made
a more appropriate addition to the outfit.

No comments: