Monday, October 18, 2021

Barbie in a witch's outfit

Poor witch Barbie is having a hard time
keeping her hat on her head! 
 Elphaba she ain't!

 
You can't really tell from the photo, but the witch's hat has a spiderweb on it
to coordinate with the spider earrings.




I don't know which Barbie this is, but she is from 1998 or 1999.  Her witch's cap was purchased at the gift shop of the hospital I used to work at.  It is actually a tiny hat to wear on a human head--it had a barrette attached to it which I removed so that Barbie could wear it.

I originally wrote about this black dress in 2016.  You can read about it here.  Jamie, who previously wore it, has given it to Barbie.

https://skippercollector.blogspot.com/2016/07/barbie-simplicity-pattern-9697.html

Barbie is wearing two sets of my earrings.  If you look closely at her ears, she is wearing tiny spiders.  I also bought those at the afore-mentioned gift shop.  They are small on me but still look a little creepy--who wants spiders just outside their ears?!  I purchased the candy corn earrings--which I have made into a Barbie ring and belt talisman--at a craft show last October.

I haven't figured out yet if her broom is part of the 1964 0872 Cinderella outfit or if it is an accessory made by a competitor.  The black boots are the 1970s Hong Kong competitor shoes.


1 comment:

skippercollector said...

I figured out what the broom was. It was by a company called Ardee.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144136364076