Tuesday, October 10, 2023

What I bought at a local craft show

We went to a craft show last Saturday, Oct. 7.  One woman was selling fleece shirts for Elf on the Shelf.  They looked like they would fit Ken so I bought one.  Most of her shirts had copyrighted/trademarked figures on them, and most likely she did not have the licensing to put them on her shirts, and I refuse to buy merchandise without licensing permits.

I bought one that seemed generic.  You will have to tell me if "Official Cookie Taster" is copyrighted, as I don't know.

I tried to put the shirt on a Ken from the 1980s, but I could not fit the shirt over his straight arms that spread out a little when you put them up over his head.  I then tried the 1976 Young Sweethearts Michael, who is thinner and has bendable arms and wrists.  With a little finagling, I got the shirt on him.

So if you buy one of these shirts, you will need to put it on Michael, Shaun, Tom Comet, Phoebus or Roller Blade Ken, as it will not fit over the regular Ken.  I do not know if it will fit the 1960s Kens or the current thinner flexible male dolls by Mattel.

(On a related note, I always thought the 1976 Michael was way better looking than the 1975 Now Look Ken.)


The seller placed the shirts in regular plastic bags,
then stapled her label on top.

All of Michael's original outfits are for spring or summer,
so he was happy to have a warmer shirt to wear!

The sweatshirt is a true pullover,
with no openings in the front or back.


No comments: