Saturday, November 7, 2020

Fashion Originals from 1976 rare for both actual clothing and paper doll set


The 1976 Fashion Originals are rare.  I've seen the two red Christmas outfits and the pink gown only a few times for sale, and I don't know if I've ever seen the green suit at all, and I've never seen any loose pieces for them.
The only way many of us can get the 1976 Fashion Originals
is to buy the paper doll set.

The only way to get these outfits is to buy the paper doll set, and even that is hard to find, although I acquired two of them at my "paper doll heaven" find.
Again, I don't remember ever seeing anyone
in a swimsuit like this in 1976!

The dolls pictured on the front cover are the Deluxe Quick Curl and what I assume is a Malibu, although she's not tan.  Stock number is #1989.
Again, I hate the outside front cover design and colors of magenta, olive, black and medium blue, and the swirls design. 
The color and design are repeated in the paper doll's swimsuit and one of the outfits.  Clothing is a combination of Mattel and Whitman designs.

In the 1970s, models were always shown with very long legs.


The long skirt on the upper left reminds me of Rhoda,
the green suit and jumpsuit in the upper middle (a Mattel outfit) of Phyllis,
and the red suit in the lower right of Mary.

No comments: