Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sept. 5, 2007, 2006 TV experiment

In August 2006, I did a little experiment. I decided to try watching a different cable series every night that I had never seen before. These are the programs that I watched:
The Closer
Eureka
Kyle XY
Monk
Nip/Tuck
Psych
Rescue Me
Rome
Two Moons Over Milford
Well, I didn’t become a converted fan. For the most part, I thought the characters were unlikable, or the shows were depressing or too violent. I did watch a few more episodes of Kyle, just to see if any of the mysteries were solved. I got to see only the last 20 minutes of Rome when I was someplace that had Showtime, and even though I saw just a small portion, I liked it. However, I don’t have premium cable, so I haven’t seen it since then.
The only show that I enjoyed was Eureka, which was the only one that was more lighthearted. I am watching it again this summer and look forward to it each week.
There will be a follow-up to this post next week.

No comments: