Thursday, December 6, 2007

dec 6 2007 october pre-emptions

Since October was high season for the new TV series, there was only one set of pre-emptions that month.
The storm on Thursday night, Oct. 18, was infuriating for TV viewers. This is what was pre-empted:
1. WKRC/CBS. WKRC broke into Viva Laughlin! three different times for a few minutes each beginning about 10 p.m. Fortunately, the station had the common sense to return to the show after the announcements. Since I stayed up, I noticed that it also showed Late Night With David Letterman beginning at 11:30 p.m.
2. I am very glad that I wasn’t watching the programming on WCPO/ABC or WLWT/NBC. Both stations broke into their regular 10 p.m. programming and never did return. They showed the same weather map and talking meteorologist head for the rest of the night. As I was still up, I noticed that not only did they not show their regular 11 p.m. news, they didn’t show the NBC and ABC programming at 11:30 p.m. either.

No comments: