Saturday, August 9, 2008

aug 9 2008, wcpo pre-emptions lessening

I haven't written any complaints lately about any of the local stations doing network pre-emptions, because, surprisingly, there haven't been any. The last ones I listed on my desktop were the following from WCPO:
Tuesday, June 4, and Wednesday, June 5. From what I read, the four main local affiliates, WCPO, WKRC, WLW and WXIX just showed the same weather map with the same talking voice in the background from 6 to 11 p.m. Tuesday and from 6 p.m. until at least 10 p.m. Wednesday. Boy, am I glad I was watching cable those nights.
Friday, June 6, 8 p.m., Billy Graham Special instead of America’s Funniest Home Videos
Wednesday, June 18, 9 p.m., Living and Al Roker on the Road instead of Supernanny.
Perhaps WCPO got too many complaints, or perhaps it got a warning from ABC. Anyway, ABC began showing reruns of Ugly Betty six weeks ago, and WCPO hasn't touched it. Turns out I hadn't seen four of the episodes, or if I did, it was only a small portion of them. I am glad that ABC decided to rerun Betty, because I missed half of this season, mainly because of WCPO's stupidity. I hope the station will continue its reformation this fall.
Mary

No comments: