Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sept. 3, 2008, summer TV programs

For the first time in DECADES, there has been something decent to watch every night on TV during the summer. It's actually been good enough to prevent me from going out on pleasant evenings!
Everything was reruns, of course, but they were either programs I didn't see the first time around or I hadn't seen them in years. This was my schedule:
Sunday, 7 p.m., Jeremiah on MNT (which I'd never seen before). During commercials I'd switch over to WKRP in Cincinnati on WGN.
Sunday, 8 p.m., PBS, As Time Goes By.
Monday through Friday, 7:30 p.m., PBS, As Time Goes By. I got SOOOO addicted to this show this year, that when it got taken off its 7:30 time slot I actually went into withdrawal!
Monday through Wednesday, 8 p.m., Ion, Quantum Leap. Oh, it was wonderful to watch this again, even though I wasn't home to watch it every night! I will definitely miss it since tonight is its last airing on Ion.
Thursday, 8 p.m., ABC, Ugly Betty. Because of WCPO's pre-emption fixation, I never even saw many of the episodes when they were first run last fall and winter.
Saturday, 8:30 p.m., PBS, My Family. My new favorite sitcom! I wish it were on more often.
Saturday, 9 p.m., PBS, As Time Goes By. Told you I was addicted!
Saturday, 10 p.m., ABC, Eli Stone. A musical fantasy version of Everwood. A shame that ABC decided not to continue with the reruns. This is the show I am most looking forward to returning during the new TV season.

No comments: