Thursday, October 30, 2008

Her clothes are fine, but please fix her hair!

Could someone please give Sarah Palin a perm? There's soooooo much talk about her wardrobe, but no one has ever mentioned her hair!
Sarah has the exact same hair that I do--poker straight, baby fine, thin and oily. I know from long and heartbreaking personal experience that you cannot do a thing with that type of hair except pull it back. I HAVE to get a perm to give it body and to dry it out.
I get a permanent about every three months. By the 10th and 11th week, my hair not only looks horrible, it FEELS horrible. About 12 hours after I wash it, it already looks greasy and it is plastered flat against my head no matter what I do. It looks bad, and worse, it is physically uncomfortable. It's like wearing a tight dirty knit cap. All you can do is put it into a ponytail, braid or bun. It's too fine to even do a Gibson Girl or a French twist.
Every time I see Sarah, with her hair pulled up into that topknot and those thin bangs falling into her eyes, I want to take her to the nearest hairdresser. Again, another problem with wearing a chignon all day is that it does give you a headache after several hours. I really do not know how she is able to stand it.

No comments: