Tuesday, May 19, 2009

warming lights

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've noticed that carryout food (including the entrees in the cafeteria where I work) gets colder much more quickly than it used to. It used to be that if I went through a drive-thru and picked up a sandwich, if I got home 20 minutes later, it was still warm. That's not the case any more. Fast food sandwiches get cold in about 10 minutes now. It's really bad at our cafeteria--I have to gulp down the entree and side dish very quickly because they will cool down in a manner of minutes.

I suspect that the warming lights over the food are not being kept at as high of a temperature. I don't know if this is a safety measure, or a form of cost-cutting, or both.

I'm not saying the food is undercooked--that's not what I'm talking about.

No comments: