Saturday, June 27, 2015

What I've found from the library's database

The earliest ad I've yet found for Barbie.
The Los Angeles Times, Oct. 29, 1959

Doll history article page 1
The Los Angeles Times, Nov. 28, 1965

Love the photos in this 1965 article!

The Business Front, July 18, 1967, mentions SPP and TNT

The Business Front, page 2

The Business Front, page 3

The Los Angeles Times, Aug. 18, 1973,
about the current Barbie playsets.

With my Cincinnati Public Library card, I can access the various research databases to which the library  has subscribed.  My favorite site is ProQuest, which has access to old newspapers and magazines.  I can search any topic I wish.  Since I research Barbie, I choose to look for both ads and articles.
Here are some articles I've found about either Mattel or Barbie from the 1960s or 1970s.


No comments: