Saturday, May 16, 2020

Etsy forums become useless

Etsy's discussion forums have become basically useless.  Why?
1.  The topics/complaints are always the same.  And apparently Etsy management no longer looks at the complaints, so the writers seem to be yelling at a brick wall.  I've gotten very tired of the thousands of repetitive complaints regarding Google ads.
2.  All the categories are designed for sellers.  There is no separate buyers' forum.  And even though I am mostly a seller, I have purchased items from others.  I have had questions that did not fit in any category. Thankfully, I've not had a buyer's question for a long time, and back then people did answer my questions.  I don't think they'd do that now.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Marketing-Your-Business/never-done-a-google-search/m-p/127056987
https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-Things-Finance/princess-diana-beanie-babis/m-p/129630055
3.  When I do make a legitimate suggestion, it is ignored (see Google ads comments).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Marketing-Your-Business/offsite-ads-media-question/m-p/130343529

1 comment:

skippercollector said...

My comments about the Brent Spence Bridge on the etsy shipping forum have been deleted. I mentioned that this would be a disrupter for shipping and delivery for many places, not just Greater Cincinnati.
The woman who responded to me said that the reason it wasn't national news was because Hurricane Eta was more important. I suspect that she was the one who reported my post to have it deleted.
There have been many other posts on etsy about delivery disruptions in various places around the United States, and they were not deleted, so I don't know why mine was.