Sunday, October 18, 2020

1967 paper dolls the first in which Barbie and Francie switch clothes

I don't have any of the clothing for the 1967 Francie and Casey paper dolls set, stock number #1986.  All I have are the four paper dolls, two Francie and two Casey.  The paper dolls are in pairs and those pairs can wear each others' clothes.

Both the front and back covers show Francie and Casey in 1967 Barbie outfits.  Also, note that of the dolls, one Casey has on her original swimsuit and another wears Francie's swimsuit.  Yet Francie wears the Twist N Turn Barbie swimsuit and the blonde straight leg Midge swimsuit!

I believe this is the first of many Whitman Barbie and Francie paper dolls and coloring books where the two dolls wear each others' outfits.

It's funny--I always picture Francie as a blonde and Casey as a brunette,
but that's probably because those are the dolls my sister and I had as girls.


I guess that, technically, Pretty Wild! on the right
is an outfit for both Barbie and Francie.

The inside folder shows one picture from San Francisco,
but the others are of New York.

Note that Casey in Francie's swimsuit and Francie in Barbie's swimsuit can share outfits, as can
Casey in her original swimsuit and Francie in Midge's two piece.


No comments: