Friday, March 26, 2021

So much to buy in Springfield!

I spent 2 1/2 days in Springfield, Ohio, which is known for its antique malls.  Here is a list of what I bought from three different locations.  I didn't even finish looking at the third place because I'd already picked up enough!

1.  Italian Barbie

2.  Two versions of Mattel's Wendy from Peter Pan

3.  Barbie's 1967 1690 Studio Tour

4.  Barbie's bandana to 1972 3351 Good Sports

5.  Tammy and Pepper storybook

6.  A 1978 small Battlestar Galactica ship still in the packaging

7.  Two Man from UNCLE books that I will resell on etsy.

8.  A bunch of Scholastic paperbacks.

9.  The Borrowers Afloat

10. One each of 1970s McCall's and Simplicity's fashion doll patterns 

If you go to Springfield, here is how to get to the antique malls.  Their website directions are not the best, so I am telling you differently.

Springfield Antique Centers

There are two large warehouses next to each other, but both have the address of 1735 Titus Road.  Take Interstate 70 to exit 59, which is US Hwy.  41, and then go south on 41 for just a block.  On the right is a truck driver training school.  On the left is the first antique warehouse.  To get to the second one, continue on up the hill and then turn left.  www.springfieldantique.com

The buildings don't have much in the way of Barbie dolls, although there were a number of those (un)collectible contemporary porcelain dolls.  I saw many, many cookbooks.

Heart of Ohio Antique Center

This is just one building at 4785 E. National Road/US Hwy. 40.  This is exit 62 off of Interstate 70. Go about two blocks north.  This is where I bought most of my purchases.  Don't worry, I didn't buy all the Barbie stuff!  The coolest item I saw which I didn't buy was Ideal's Old Fashioned Girl Jody and her Victorian Parlor.  I had never seen one before.  https://heartofohioantiques.com/

If you are looking for Disney items, this place will be heaven for you.  I don't know if all the Disney merchandise booths there belong to one seller or many, but there are thousands of items for sale.

Also, if you put the three warehouses together, you will see more 20th century glassware than your mind can imagine.  It just went on and on!

No comments: