Saturday, August 27, 2022

Wall Street Journal explains Barbiecore wear

The Wall Street Journal published an article about what is being called "Barbiecore," bright color-blocked clothing inspired by the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.  It was written by Katharine K. Zarrella and was published in the Aug. 20, 2022, issue.

I have a hard copy of the article (thanks, Barb!) and photographed it in sections.  You can look it up in The Wall Street Journal archives, but since there is a paywall (you have to have a subscription), I decided the easiest way for the public to read it online would be to photograph it in sections.  Look carefully at the photos--they are numbered.  If you click on a photo, it will be enlarged.

1.  The green outfits remind me
of a Clueless Mattel outfit from 1997.

2.  I've darkened the text so I hope you can read it!

3.  The clothing photos are supposed to look
like Barbie clothing in a box.

4.  This is nothing new.
Ken's outfits have always been LOUD!



No comments: