Thursday, July 9, 2020

Checked another item off bucket list

This is another one of those "bucket list" Barbie photo ops.
I love the wooden jewelry cabinets that are for sale at Christmas.  I did receive a nice large one for Christmas years ago, and over time I've collected others at garage sales.  Almost everything you see in these photos are actually jewelry containers (except, of course, for the dolls and their clothes).  The largest cabinet was my original one.  The chest of drawers has a music box that plays "Fascination."
Yes, the couch is a jewelry box--the seat lifts up.  The gray beaded "ottoman" has a padded strip inside to hold three pairs of earrings.  It originally held three pairs of pearl studs, but I have only two pairs left.  The "mannequin" holds numerous pairs of wire earrings.
Last but not least, the table runners/throw rugs are actually bookmarks!
Although I don't have any idea on the dates of the jewelry boxes et al, both dolls and all the outfits pictured are from the early 1990s.  They are:
1991 Fashion Play Barbie in 1991 My First 4839 lounging pajamas
1991 World of Beauty Shani in 1992 Sizzlin' Style 5969 pants suit
1990 Fashion Find 9968 (the dress with the drop waist yellow skirt)
1990 Fashion Accessories 8120 five purses
1991 My First 4853 fuchsia coat
1991 Easy Living 772 lavender knit dress and bright pink heels (I think this looks more like a nightshirt)
1991 SuperStar Barbie print dress with the drop waist blue skirt that came with the 1991 calendar

It always feels good when Barbie sits down on a comfy couch
and takes off her high heels.

Both Barbie and Shani wear lounging pajamas.
Shani has on gym shoes, which are much more comfortable!

Shani admires Barbie's coat and print minidresses.

Now you can see the high heels that the girls threw in the closet!

Here is a view of some of Barbie's purses.

1 comment:

D7ana said...

Congrats on knocking off stuff on your bucket list. I'd have kicked those heels into the wastebasket, lol, but I'm not a fashion doll. My girls like heels, too. Well, some of them ;-)

Thanks for sharing!