Monday, July 4, 2016

Barbie Simplicity pattern 9697



I adapted the gown pattern to make a Pilgrim costume and a nightgown.
If these two sultry ladies had lived in Salem in the 1600s,
they surely would have been burned at the stake!
The patterns from 9697 all seemed a little large for Barbie,
as you can see by the knickers outfits.
I made the shorts outfit as well but cannot find it.

The short and long peasant dresses were fun to make.
The last pattern I made clothes from as a little girl was Simplicity 9697, dated 1971 for the 1972 market.  I remember I picked out the pattern myself at the fabric store.
Not only did I make some of the mod clothes, I adapted one of the patterns for a freshman high school history project in 1976.  The gown pattern was used to make a Pilgrim dress.  My picky teacher said the gown was cute but I still got only a B!
The dolls in the photo are 1972 SunSet Malibu PJ, Walk Lively Jamie and Walk Lively Steffie.

No comments: